5/10/2007

The puppy and other stuff

Combining a couple of topics into one post just because it's late and I am in need of my beauty sleep (Yeah right, not even a beauty coma could help me).

First of all, it's Wednesday so that means weight loss update. Little by little the number gets smaller. So I am down by another 1.4 pounds for this week for a total of 19 even. Yes I have given up on posting everything in metric, the math took too long.

Secondly, my birthday was last week. It was OK I guess. Nothing spectacular or memorable. As Tennessee Ernie Ford sang in his unmistakable baritone voice.. "You load sixteen tons and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt"

Lastly, my poor puppy dog had a very rough day on Tuesday. Angel is allergic to flea bites and when it happens she gets a rash called a hotspot. To help heal this condition the fur in the area has to be shaved to allow air circulation. Normally, this is not a big deal, at least it hasn't been until this year. Everytime my sister tried to trim the fur, the dog would either cover her head with her paw or try to push my sister's arm away.


So first thing on Tuesday morning, sis called a dog groomer who agreed to help. Into the van Angel went and half an hour later she came back with the same amount of fur she had before. Apparently, she didn't appreciate what the groomer was attempting to do and put up a fight.

So my sister then called the vet and explained the situation. Down to the vet they went along with another dog who had an appointment at the same time. Angel was taken into the examination room and was given a sedative. When the vet returned, Angel was sitting there staring at her because the shot had no effect on her. The vet then returned with another needle and a stronger sedative. This one made Angel drowsy and she laid down but as soon as the shears were turned on, she woke back up and again fought so the vet finally decided to have her knocked out with a couple of valium and another drug so the job was finally done. The vet also provided a steroid spray to help heal the area and Angel runs away anytime someone approaches with that!

No comments: