3/25/2007

Leafs better shape up

It was the best of times, it was the worse of times. For fans of God's team aka Toronto Maple Leafs it's a little of both sometimes combined in the same game. I had to work Friday so I took my Sirius satellite radio along so I could at least monitor the score. Imagine my glee when I glanced down and saw the Leafs had a 3 goal lead in Buffalo with 16 minutes left in the third period. Needless to say, the glee was shortlived when I heard Dennis Beyak's voice tell me the Sabres tied the game, took the lead and won 5-4. How could a team that is fighting to make the playoffs suddenly have a colossal 20 person brain fart like that?

Of course, the schedule maker gave the Leafs an opportunity to make things right by scheduling another game against Buffalo at home. Thankfully, the boys in blue and white again took a 4-1 lead but played much better and hung on to win by that same score. Because all the teams they are chasing also won tonight the Buds are in 11th place but are only 4 points out of 6th. They have 7 games left to play and pretty much will have to go 7-0 to make the playoffs. Still hope springs eternal.

No comments: