3/25/2007

Welcome to my humble abode.

I have no idea who may or may not read this blog. Who knows, it may only be little old me but I guess it won't be the first time. Maybe some friends from various message boards may stumble across this and I promise that I will try to not embarrass you too much.

I guess this is where I tell you all about myself and what I hope to talk about on here. Well, I was born in the same small town I currently live in. My parents and grandparents are all deceased, I have a younger brother and sister and 2 teenage nieces and a young nephew along with a golden retriever named Angel. I was born the same year as the Ford Mustang and the original Terminal 1 at Pearson International Airport in Toronto.

I am tall, 190.5 cm to be precise, or 6'3" for those of you who live in the only country who refuses to use metric, right Kate? Maybe I'll upload a photo of myself someday, but I don't want to be blamed for breaking the internet. Mostly dark hair with a little red mixed in and even a little *gasp* gray! I remember my Grade 1 teacher telling my mom that she could tell my mood that my hair was more red when I was happy. Who knew I was a walking mood ring?

If you are wondering about the title of this blog, it is because I spend a lot of time on the highway, specifically the MacDonald-Cartier Freeway in Ontario or "the 4-0h-1" as it is popularly known. Especially the stretch between Highway 409 in the west end of Toronto to Kingston. My employment comes from driving an airport shuttle van taking people to and from the airport. I get to meet a lot of nice, generous folks, some nice folks and some others. I also get to see a lot of strange sights on the highway and if I get a camera phone I may share some of those photos with you.

I am a big, and big in a couple different ways, fan of hockey and stock car racing. Even though I cannot skate an inch, I love the game of hockey, especially the Toronto Maple Leafs who may one day stop wandering in the wilderness and bring Lord Stanley's Cup home to Toronto. And in NASCAR, my favourite driver is Ken Schrader. Did you know he was the first driver ever to win a race in all 3 national touring series when he won the third race ever run in the Craftsman Truck Series in 1995. An don't worry with NHL playoffs starting and teams still looking for playoff spots and all the fun in NASCAR I'll be sure to have a few things to say.

And finally, assuming I haven't bored you to tears yet, I am hoping to use this to document my battle of the bulge. I have always been heavy but it has gotten extreme in the last few months. The doctor has put me on high blood pressure medication that goes away when I lose weight. One of my co-workers who I would consider to be much healthier than me had a mini-stroke last month and needless to say, it scared the hell out of me. So to make a long, internationally copywritten story short I bought a scale on March 5/07 and was disgusted by the number I saw there. I then bought an exercise bike and resolved to lose a lot of blubber. So far, I am down 6.4 kgs from that original number and leaves me 0.5 kg shy of my first goal of 5. The ultimate being a somewhat svelte 100 kg (220 lbs for those in State College).









No comments: