7/22/2007

Joining the 1990's

OK, maybe they haven't been around that long but I am probably one of the few people I know who doesn't have an Ipod or MP3 player. Sorry I mean an iPod, don't want the people at Apple mad at me for typing their name wrong. And that would be Apple Computers and not Apple Corps, which is the music business founded by the Beatles. Suddenly I am dizzy.

What brought this on was an article I read this morning on yahoo.com about iPods helping people lose weight, reduce your blood pressure and alleviate pain. It was quite interesting and for anyone who has been here once or twice before weight loss and blood pressure are 2 things I am dealing with in my life right now.

Since I was at the local Wal-Mart shopping for a new microwave I took the time to visit the electronics section to see what was available. Of course they have several different sizes, colours and manufacturers of iPods available in prices from $30 all the way over $200 for the real iPod. I guess I should mention that iPod is becoming a name to describe a type of product rather than just one companies version of it. Just like Kleenex is used for all facial tissue and Band-Aid describes all types of bandages whether those companies make the product or not.

The unit I am looking at is the Creative Labs Zen Stone. It has no display (like the iPod Shuffle) and holds approx 250 songs on a 1GB memory and can play your music in order, repeat or shuffle mode. With taxes it will be about $57. If anyone else has this unit or wants to recommend something else in the same price range, click on the little link under this post. Happy listening!

1 comment:

Nuggie99 said...

I have an iLo (the walmart brand) that was around 50 bucks and it works ok.

I'm sure the Creative Labs one will work just fine, too.