4/19/2007

An Ode to Spring

Spring has sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where my BBQ iz?

Ok so that isn't very creative but it is so nice to have temps in double digits and seeing that big, bright yellow ball in the sky. After the colder temperatures and all the rain/snow/sleet we have received in the last 2 weeks I am sure some people wondered if spring would ever arrive?

Since I was blessed with a day off, I took the opportunity to head out for my shed and pulled out my trusty BBQ after a long winter's nap. It started right up on the first try. But what to cook to celebrate the arrival of spring? After rooting through the freezer I chose an inch.. I mean 2.54 cm thick strip loin steak cooked to well done perfection and it was delicious! And I do not like my steaks to moo at me from the plate, thank you very much. For the curious few, I had some oriental rice and followed it up with apple pie a la mode.

Then of course I needed to walk some of those extra calories off so the dog and I went for a stroll along the waterfront trail and down to the mouth of Gage's Creek where we saw some Canada Geese and a beaver in the water. I wish I had brought my camera with me so I could post some photos.

The good news is tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice and I have it off as well, so there may be more barbecueing in my near future. Maybe some burgers this time with fresh tomato slices. Probably not a good idea to be talking about food before bedtime. That is part of the reason why I am trying to lose weight now.

No comments: