4/10/2007

Potpourri

Well I guess I'll combine a couple of different topics into one blog.

First off, since I am in a weight loss "challenge" with Kate Bilo (you can find a link to her blog over there --->) and she is in Weight Watchers and weighs in every Tuesday I will stick to that schedule as well. I put challenge in quotes because she doesn't respond to any of my taunts and where is the fun in that? Without further ado, the total is down 1 kilogram for the week and a total of 6.91 kgs since I have started.

Second topic is the NHL playoffs. In my last post I noted that God's team, the Toronto Maple Leafs didn't qualify to compete for Lord Stanley's Cup and have already cleaned out their stalls and headed for the golf course. That leaves me with the question of do I continue to watch with interest or just ignore the goings on? I think I will pay attention and cheer for a Calgary/Buffalo final, which I am sure will annoy the New York suits to no end.

And speaking of New York suits, I see an article in today's Globe and Mail that Gary "Baby" Bettman has ticked off the folks at CBC. It seems thanks to the NHL playoff schedule there will be NO Canadian teams playing on Saturday night. The Ottawa Senators are scheduled to play that day but at 3 in the afternoon to accomodate NBC which pays exactly ZERO dollars for television rights as opposed to the $65 million cheque the CBC writes. I guess in this case, those with the gold do not make the rules. Keep alienating the Canadian fans who built this sport and soon there will be no fans left, except for a handful in Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

Oh and for those taking some sort of perverted glee in the fact the Leafs missed the playoffs, I will point out that both of last years Stanley Cup finalists (Carolina and Edmonton), the Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Flyers and Colorado Avalanche are also sitting at home.

Oh and I found my remote and clock has finally been changed.

No comments: