8/02/2007

WWW - part eleventy-teen +4... and other stuff

First, for the weightloss update, up by 1 pound for the week. I am not a happy camper since I have basically not changed since my last doctors appointment almost 6 weeks ago. So my total is now 24.2 pounds lost and now someone has mentioned seeing some gray in my hair. Just more proof everyone gets older.

On to thing number 2. I did get the iPod, I mean MP3 player this week. It is the Creative Labs Zen Stone. It holds 1 GB of music or about 250 songs and plays them in order or you can shuffle them. I got the blue one, in case you were wondering and still have room for lots more music. If you are interested, Popular Mechanics calls this device "an iPod killer". I'll take any suggestions as long as it is not rap, hip-hop or death metal. To help narrow it down, I really like music from the 50's to 80's plus country, classical, contemporary christian and comedy.

And thing number 3. I think I have mentioned how much I love my Sirius satellite radio. Well, the receiver I have isn't being made anymore and the equipment that lets you use it in the car is falling apart since I can't permanently attach it inside my work vehicles. And it seems no one in Canada sells the replacement parts. At least at the stores I have visited recently. The closest I came was at Future Shop who had 2 compete Sportster Replay kits. Problem there is that they were asking $150 and I have no need for 2 receivers and remotes.

However, if I bother to make another trip across the border to the town of Gouverneur, NY, I can buy the same exact same equipment for $60 plus taxes at the Radio Shack dealer store. Another solution is to just buy a new antenna which sells for $50 at the local The Source by Circuit City (nee Radio Shack) or go to the local Wal-Mart and buy a basic receiver and car kit (including the receiver) for $70. Or again across the border, the exact same receiver is $40. Or the Sirius One which is now selling for $19.97 at Radio Shack and not available at all in Canada (at least to my knowledge). And one more example before the steam leaks out of my ears. Noticed at Future Shop a bunch of air conditioners for sale. The exact same model was seen at K-Mart during my last trip across the border. $150 here, $100 there.

Hope you have a great week and if there is a weather expert lurking, can you please do something about this heat?

No comments: